- Dugdale, S., DeKoven, E., and Ju, Mi-Kyung. (1998). Computer course enrollment, home computer access, and gender: Relationships to high school students success with computer spreadsheet use for problem solving in pre-algebra, Journal of Educational Computing Research, 18(1), pp. 49-62, Farmingdale, N.Y.: Baywood Pub. Co.
- Yang, S., Burnett, M., DeKoven, E., and Zloof, M. (1997). "Representation design benchmarks: A design-time aid for VPL navigable static representations," J. Visual Languages and Computing 8(5/6), Oct./Dec.
- DeKoven, E. and Murphy, A.K.G. (2006). "A Framework for Supporting Teamwork between Humans and Autonomous Systems," Command and Control Research and Technology Symposium (CCRTS06), San Diego, CA, June 20-22, 2006.
- DeKoven, E., Bechtel, B., Zaientz, J., Lisse, S., and Murphy, A.K.G. (2006). "Delegating Responsibilities in Human-Robot Teams," Unmanned Systems Technology VIII: Proceedings of the SPIE Defense and Security Symposium, Vol. 6230, Grant R. Gerhart, Charles M. Shoemaker, Douglas W. Gage (Eds.); Orlando, FL: SPIE Press.
- Lisse, S.A., Beard, J.T., Huber, M.H., Morgan, G., and DeKoven, E.A.M. (2006). "A Deontic Implementation of Adjustable Autonomy for Command and Control of Robotic Assets," Unmanned Systems Technology VIII: Proceedings of the SPIE Defense and Security Symposium, Vol. 6230, Grant R. Gerhart, Charles M. Shoemaker, Douglas W. Gage (Eds.); Orlando, FL: SPIE Press.
- Zaientz, J., DeKoven, E., Piegdon, N., Wood, S. and Huber, M. (2006). "Using GOMS and Bayesian plan recognition to develop recognition models of operator behavior," Enabling Technologies for Simulation Science X: Proceedings of the SPIE Defense and Security Symposium, Vol. 6227, Dawn A Trevisani (Ed.); Orlando, FL: SPIE Press.
- DeKoven, E. and Wood, S.D. (2005) "Integrating adjustable autonomy in an intelligent control framework," Unmanned/Unattended Sensors and Sensor Networks II: Proceedings of the SPIE Defense and Security Symposium, Vol. 5986, Edward M. Carapezza (Ed.); Orlando, FL: SPIE Press.
- Knudsen, K., Zaientz, J. and DeKoven, E. (2005). "Survey of modeling, recognition and adaptation strategies for user adaptive systems". Proceedings of HCI International 2005, Las Vegas, NV.
- DeKoven, E. (2004). "Help Me Help You: Designing Support for Person-Product Collaboration", Ph.D. Thesis, Delft Univ. of Tech., Delft, The Netherlands.
- DeKoven, E., Vermeeren, A.P.O.S., and Zeng, X. (2004). "Designing collaborative programmable appliance interfaces: a SenSay case study", IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, The Hague, The Netherlands.
- DeKoven, E., de Hoogh, M.P.A.J., and Keyson, D.V. (2003) "Rapid prototyping collaborative dialogue interfaces," IFIP TC12 International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction (Interact'03), September 1-5, Zurich, Switzerland, IOS Press.
- DeKoven, E. and Keyson, D.V. (2002). "Evaluating task models embedded in consumer products," Proceedings of the 1st International Workshop on Task Models and Diagrams for User Interface Design (TAMODIA), July 18-19, 2002, Bucharest, Romania, INFOREC Printing House.
- DeKoven, E. and Keyson, D.V. (2002). Measuring task models in designing intelligent products. Proceedings of the International Conference on Intelligent User Interfaces, San Francisco, p. 188. ACM Press.
- DeKoven, E. and Keyson, D.V. (2002). An Empirical Comparison of Task Modeling Techniques for the Design and Development of Intelligent Products, Appearing in: First International Conference on Usage-Centered Design (forUse), Portsmouth, New Hampshire, 25-28 August.
- DeKoven, E., Keyson, D. V., and Freudenthal, A. (2001). Designing Collaboration in Consumer Products (Series 2) In: Proceedings of the ACM Conference on Computer Human Interaction (CHI01) (pp 195-196), 31 March-5 April 2001, Seattle, Washington.
- Freudenthal, A., Keyson, D.V., DeKoven, E., and de Hoogh, M.P.A.J. (2001). Communicating extensive smart home functionality to users of all ages: the design of a mixed-initiative multimodal thermostat-interface In: OIKOS 2001 Workshop: Methodological Issues in the Design of Household Technologies, Molslaboratoriet, Denmark, March 12-13, 2001, 34-39.
- DeKoven, E., and Keyson, D.V. (2000). Designing Collaboration in Consumer Products (Series 1), Socially Intelligent Agents: The Human in the Loop. In: Proceedings of the AAAI Fall Symposium, 3-5 November 2000, Sea Crest Resort, North Falmouth, MA, USA.Technical Report FS-00-04, AAAI Press.
- Yang, S., DeKoven, E., and Zloof, M. (1996) Design benchmarks for VPL static representations. In Proceedings of the 1996 IEEE Symposium on Visual Languages (September 03 - 06, 1996). VL. IEEE Computer Society, Washington, DC, 263.
- DeKoven, E. (2006). "Participatory Scenario Design and Simulation on the ICF Testbed," 26th Soar Workshop, Ann Arbor, MI, May 24-26.
- DeKoven, E., and Murphy, A.K.G. (2006) "Adaptive Human-Robot Interface", 6th Annual Intelligent Vehicle Systems Symposium and Exhibition (IVSS06). June 13-16, Traverse City, MI.
- DeKoven, E. (2005) Off-Topic Recommendations, Beyond Personalization Workshop at IUI'05, San Diego, CA, Jan 9-12, 2005
- Keyson, D.V., Freudenthal, A., de Hoogh, M.P.A.J. and DeKoven, E.A.M., TUDelft patent, Interface unit, March 30th, 2000, Dutch 1014792, International PCT/NL01/00257.
- Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society, 1990
- Cowell College Honors, 1990
- Honors in Mathematics, 1990
- National Dean's List, 1987, 1988, 1989
- Speaker at math education conferences, 1990, 1991
- Director, Math Awareness Week activities, Santa Cruz County, 1993, 1994
- Director, Creative Math Day, Santa Cruz, 1994